Just the name of these muffins bring to mind Caramel Apples. If you love caramel apples, then you are sure to love these yummy Apple Caramel Muffins! Made with grated apple, caramel and wheat flour, they are as mouth watering as the name sounds! The wheat flour also makes them a healthy alternative to muffins made with white flour. Apple Caramel Muffins are great for an afternoon snack. The next time you need a pick me up, bake you up a batch and have them with a tall cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee if you prefer. Relax and savor the delicious goodness!
Apple Caramel Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup grated Apples (skin on or off, your call)
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Caramel (chopped small, or use baking bits)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients excepts flour and caramel
- Mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes, making sure to scrap sides of bowl as necessary.
- On low speed, slowly mix in the flour a ⅓ cup at a time. Continue to mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add in caramel pieces and stir just enough to mix in.
- Pour batter into muffin tin, filling to about ¾ full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.