So remember when I went to book club on the wrong night? I had to redeem myself. But I have a trick up my sleeve.
Do you know the number one easiest way to impress people with your dessert? Two words….Puff Pastry.
This is so easy and simple to use, looks fancy, and tastes even better.
Plus, you don’t have to feel guilty about buying it from the freezer section. Remember when I told you about my super intense cooking instructor? She said forget trying to make puff pastry on your own. Just buy. Wahoo! It is ok to take a short cut to make the easiest dessert ever.
Apple Pie Cups Recipe
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (enough for 12 cups
- 4 apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Defrost the puff pastry until it is just pliable.
- While the puff pastry is defrosting core and dice the apples. I was too lazy to peel them. Your choice.
- In a small saucepan, mix the diced apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Heat over medium heat until the apples are softened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Using a cookie cutter or a glass, cut circles just a little larger than your muffin tin.
- Put 1 circle of puff pastry in each muffin tin.
- Fill the puff pastry cups with softened apples.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the muffin tin.