Table of Contents
Hello, this time our recipe is made with a heart-shaped vegetable. So which vegetable is this? Of course Artichoke. The first address of those who want to eat healthy is always artichoke. You will love the olive oil artichokes, which are even more flavorful with the garnish placed inside, and the olive oil state is completely different. Artichoke is mostly grown in Italy and Spain in the world.
What do artichokes do for your body?
The effects of artichoke on the body are According to the researches, artichoke; It is very rich in phosphorus, calcium, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C. In addition, being rich in fiber, it helps the digestive system.
• Thanks to its high protein content, it strengthens the heart muscle, lowers the urea level and enables the heart to work comfortably.
• With its iron-rich aspect, it is recommended in iron deficiency anemia.
• Thanks to its antioxidant feature, it helps to remove toxic substances from the body and supports the healthy functioning of the liver.
• The potassium mineral in its structure regulates the blood pressure by regulating the sodium-potassium balance in the body.
• It is known that it protects our body against cancer thanks to the quercetin and antioxidants it contains.
• The substance called ‘cynarin’ in the artichoke helps to lower the bad cholesterol in the blood.
Its high fiber structure has a balancing effect on blood sugar. For diabetics, an artichoke dish made with olive oil or meat strengthens the nutritional quality. It has a positive effect on sugar control.
• It helps to reduce the nicotine level accumulated in the body in smokers.
• 100 g of cooked artichoke is 53 calories. It is among the healthy foods preferred by individuals who want to lose weight due to its low calories.
• Also, apart from all these healthy aspects, it has an unknown aspect that appeals not only to our body but also to our soul. The artichoke you put in the vase will bloom in a short time. Thanks to its purple flower and scent, it also nourishes our soul.
Mythological Story of Artichoke
Artichoke is a very aesthetic plant. It’s almost like a statue. It has become the subject of legends with its beauty. As for every plant, there is a mythological story for the artichoke. According to Greek mythology, there was a beautiful girl named Cynara who lived on the island of Kinaros in the Aegean Sea. Zeus, the god of the sky, lightning, lightning, and storms, seduced this girl and persuaded her to live with him on Mount Olympus, and in return made her a goddess and gained immortality. However, after a while, the girl missed her family in the mortal world and began to flee to her old world to see her mother in secret. Learning of this, Zeus, in anger, turned the girl into a thorny plant to bind her to the earth forever. Poor Cynara was suddenly an artichoke. The Latin name of artichoke is Cynara scolymus, named after this legendary girl.
What İs Artichoke With Olive Oil
Artichoke with olive oil is a simple and delicious appetizer made from artichoke hearts that are marinated in olive oil, herbs, and spices. The dish is popular in Mediterranean cuisine and can be served either hot or cold.
To make artichoke with olive oil, canned or fresh artichoke hearts are typically used. The artichoke hearts are then mixed with a marinade made from olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and other herbs and spices, such as parsley or thyme. The mixture is then chilled in the refrigerator for at least a few hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
When ready to serve, the artichoke hearts are arranged on a platter and drizzled with more olive oil and lemon juice. They can be garnished with additional herbs or chopped olives for added flavor and texture. Artichoke with olive oil is a healthy and flavorful appetizer that can be enjoyed as part of a meal or as a standalone dish.
Artichoke with Olive Oil
Making Artichoke with Olive Oil, one of the popular recipes of Turkish cuisine, is easy and fast. It can also be consumed cold. It is highly nutritious at the level of other garnishes it contains. It is high in protein and low in calories. With its fibrous and textured structure, artichoke blends perfectly with oily products, and is a recipe that also harmonizes with legumes and meat types.
Ingredients For the Artichoke Recipe with Olive Oil
- 6 pcs artichokes
- Juice of half a lemon (for rubbing artichokes)
- 1 pcs carrot
- 1 pcs potatoes
- 1 cup peas (boiled or canned)
- 1 pcs onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Carrots and potatoes are chopped into small cubes and we take them into a saucepan, add enough water to cover them and let them boil for about 10 minutes. It is important that the vegetables are not fully cooked here, they should remain slightly alive.
- After our vegetables are cooked, let's drain the sleep and let it stand aside.
- Let's take our peas in a separate saucepan, add water to it and boil it until soft. If you wish, you can also use canned peas. Let's drain the water from our boiled peas and let it stand aside.
- Chop the onion for cooking and fry it in half a teaspoon of olive oil until it turns slightly pink.
- Let's add potatoes and carrots to it. Add the boiled peas and mix for 1-2 minutes and remove January the stove.
- Let's put our artichokes in a suitable container, rub them with the juice of half a lemon and put them in a saucepan.
- Let's share the vegetables we have prepared in the middle parts. Let's share the remaining garnish on the artichokes.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and water to it and close the lid of the pan.
- Let's cook our dish on medium heat until it boils, and then on low heat until the artichokes are soft. This process will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Let's take our cooked artichokes off the January and let them cool down. Then let's take it on a serving plate, drizzle it with water and serve it. You can also decorate the top with dill.
Tricks of artichokes with olive oil
- Carrots and potatoes should not be boiled completely.
- In order for the artichokes not to darken, you should soak them in lemon water while waiting.
- Before placing the artichokes in a saucepan, you should rub them with lemon.
Can artichokes be eaten raw?
In order for vegetables not to lose their nutritional value, they should be consumed boiled or raw. Artichoke is a vegetable that should not lose its nutritional value. That is why the part of the artichoke under the flowers can be consumed raw.