Table of Contents
Delicious spicy honey baked pork ribs that will tantalize your taste buds. You won’t be able to eat just one. These ribs turn out tender, juicy and oh so tasty. Unfortunately, you will never have any leftovers to chow down on the next day.
As I have said before, I was introduced to barbecuing at a very young age. Our family were avid charcoal barbecuers long before gas grills were a common backyard fixture. So, I used to think the only way to make great tasting spare ribs was to cook them out back on the BBQ. But I found out that is just not so. Pork ribs oven fashion can really be quite a delicious experience.
I am still a rabid outdoor barbecuing fan. But, when the weather gets too cold, yes that does happen even in southern California, I head for the kitchen and my trusty oven and make some pretty tasty ribs.
When it comes to ribs, I have a mad passionate crush. I have amassed more rib recipes than one can imagine. Both oven friendly and charcoal loving. However, I am told that this is one of my best. I tend to agree.
How to make Sweet and Spicy Pork Rib Recipe ? click here to access this recipe.
Delicious Baked Pork Ribs, with Spicy Honey Sauce
- 4 to 5 lbs baby back pork ribs
- 1/4 cup dry mustard
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbl seasoned salt
- 1 tbl brown sugar
- 2 tsps fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbl flour
Honey Mustard Sauce
- add remaining 2 tablespoons rib rub
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbl water
- Stir together dry mustard, paprika, oregano, salt, sugar and brown sugar. Mix well. Rinse ribs under water and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove thin white membrane from under side of ribs. Cut ribs in four- piece sections.
- Season ribs with all but two tablespoons of the dry rub. (set 2 tablespoons aside) Place ribs in heavy duty foil. Sprinkle ribs with the flour. Cover ribs tightly with foil. Place in a large baking dish and bake in the oven at 425° for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey mustard sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water and cornstarch mixture to saucepan and cook an additional 4 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- When ribs come out of the oven, turn oven to broil. Carefully remove ribs from foil. Arrange baked pork ribs on grill pan and place about 6 inches from broiler flame for about 3 minutes per side, basting liberally with sauce. Serve additional sauce on the side. These ribs pair nicely with rice and a cucumber salad with oregano, oil and vinegar.
Leave a Reply