It’s early November. That means leaves are starting to fall, and more work for us to rake the leaves and put them away. It was a nice balmy day yesterday, and we decided to have some fun family time raking the leaves and cleaning the front and backyard.
As much as it is fun, it is also exhausting. That’s why I thought of putting together an easy to make dish that I could just mix together, put in the oven and let it bake until we were out in the yard.
Considering my options on what to make that was healthy and balance out the calories we were going to burn in few minutes, I decided to make baked sweet potato with pecan crumble topping. Thanksgiving is also coming up, so I have been thinking of bringing this dish for our family holiday dinner.
What better time to practice than now!
Putting this dish together is pretty easy and straight forward. Best thing I like about it is the delicious mashed sweet potato flavor combined with crunchy pecan crumble topping.
Baked Sweet Potato with Pecan Crumble Topping
- 2 cups Sweet Potatoes peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/8 cup Butter semi melted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Pecans chopped
- 1/8 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Butter semi melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degree.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, salt and vanilla extract. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Transfer the mix into greased baking dish.
- In another medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans.
- Mix the ingredients with hands until the crumbles form.
- Sprinkle the pecan crumble mix over the sweet potato mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until the topping is brown.