You HAVE to taste this soft and fluffy banana walnut cake to see flavorful this delicious cake is. Not too sweet, just the sweet flavor from bananas and the crunchiness from walnuts. Makes it one of my favorites snacks to eat with coffee.
If you are anything like me, you will constantly have ripe bananas on your kitchen shelf. I always end up buying extra and do not end up finishing them. When I get those “I told you so” looks from my husband, I have to come up with some creative recipe that can make use of those ripe bananas.
And this time it was banana walnut cake loaf. It takes a few simple steps to make this cake. Wrap in a plastic wrap if you want to store it in a fridge.
I love to eat a slice or two with my tea or coffee. You can thaw the individual slices if you wish to eat it a day or two after it is prepared.
Banana Walnut cake is one of the favorite desserts at our house. You won’t believe how simple and easy it is to bake. You only need few things for ingredients that might already be in your kitchen.
Come, let’s make a banana walnut cake!
Banana Walnut Cake Recipe
- 3 Bananas ripe, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup Butter unsalted, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs beaten lightly
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- In another bowl. combine all purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using electric blender, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Pour egg mixture into the butter and sugar mix. Keep blending while you are pouring the egg mixture.
- Add mashed bananas to this mix and blend some more.
- Using rubber spatula, gradually add flour, baking soda and salt to the mix until combined. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven for about 45 - 50mins or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake.