So I saved this post for a BIG DAY.
For those of you that don’t know, I am a teacher. My school has a lot of special things about them, but one of them is that each classroom puts on their own play. Today is our day! I am going crazy!!! While I know this is going to be the best production of “Let George Do It!” that I have ever seen and those little colonial costume wearing fourth graders are going to rock it, I will be glad when the stress of putting on a full stage production is over with.
I just might need to come home and sink my teeth into THE BEST COOKIE I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!!!!
Ok, sorry for the all the caps, but I have cooked A LOT of things in my life, and this is by far, the best cookie I have ever made. Next time, I would make a double batch of the brownie cookie. It doesn’t make that much and you won’t be able to keep your paws off.
Table of Contents
Brownie Cookies with Salted Caramel Creme Recipe
- 12 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Salted Caramel Creme
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup caramel
- about 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt 7 oz of chocolate and butter over medium low heat. Stir frequently until melted.
- In a mixing bowl, mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium low speed until pale and creamy, about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Let mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are cracked and shiny.
- Allow to completely cool on baking sheet.
- While the cookies cook, prepare the salted caramel creme.
- With a whisk attachment, whip the butter until creamy. Slowly add in confectioner sugar. Add in salt and caramel.
- Turn mixer on high and beat creme for about 2 minutes. Turn mixture off and test for spreading consistency. You want the creme to be a frosting like consistency. Add milk, a few tablespoons at a time, beating on high for a few minutes between each addition, until desired consistency is reached. (I used 1/2 cup.)
- Prepare the sandwich cookies by placing a heaping spoonful of creme on one cookie and topping off with a similar sized cookie.