Table of Contents
So I saved this post for a BIG DAY.
For those of you that don’t know, I am a teacher. My school has a lot of special things about them, but one of them is that each classroom puts on their own play. Today is our day! I am going crazy!!! While I know this is going to be the best production of “Let George Do It!” that I have ever seen and those little colonial costume wearing fourth graders are going to rock it, I will be glad when the stress of putting on a full stage production is over with.
I just might need to come home and sink my teeth into THE BEST COOKIE I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!!!!
Ok, sorry for the all the caps, but I have cooked A LOT of things in my life, and this is by far, the best cookie I have ever made. Next time, I would make a double batch of the brownie cookie. It doesn’t make that much and you won’t be able to keep your paws off.
Brownie Cookies with Salted Caramel Creme Recipe
- 12 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Salted Caramel Creme
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup caramel
- about 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt 7 oz of chocolate and butter over medium low heat. Stir frequently until melted.
- In a mixing bowl, mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium low speed until pale and creamy, about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Let mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are cracked and shiny.
- Allow to completely cool on baking sheet.
- While the cookies cook, prepare the salted caramel creme.
- With a whisk attachment, whip the butter until creamy. Slowly add in confectioner sugar. Add in salt and caramel.
- Turn mixer on high and beat creme for about 2 minutes. Turn mixture off and test for spreading consistency. You want the creme to be a frosting like consistency. Add milk, a few tablespoons at a time, beating on high for a few minutes between each addition, until desired consistency is reached. (I used 1/2 cup.)
- Prepare the sandwich cookies by placing a heaping spoonful of creme on one cookie and topping off with a similar sized cookie.