Why is it that every time I try to do some little redesigns on my blog our internet stops working? As I have said before (probably too many times!) please pardon my dust.
And now the dish du jour…..mmmm brussels sprouts. I really never thought I would EVER say that. Up until about 2 months ago I hadn’t eaten a brussels sprout since I spit it out in my napkin when I was little. But thankfully our From the Farmer delivery changed that. A few weeks this winter we were delivered with a giant stalk of brussels sprouts (Have you seen brussels sprouts in this form? It is pretty cool). So instead of being wasteful I decided to slice them up and roast them as I had seen so many of my food blogger friends do.
Turns out, I made a good decision.
Brussels Sprout and Chicken Sausage Pasta
Roast some brussels sprouts, brown some sausage, toss with your favorite pasta, and mix in some pesto. Viola! You have dinner.
Yummm, brussels sprouts!
Brussel Sprout and Chicken Sausage Pasta
- 1 stalk of brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 package of your favorite chicken sausage
- 1 box your favorite pasta
- 3 tablespoons store bought pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pull brussels sprouts off the stalk and cut in half (you can quarter the larger ones).
- Place on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile, slice chicken sausage into 1/2 inch coins.
- Cook in a frying pan until browned and heated through.
- Boil a pot of water and add pasta. Cook until al dente, drain pasta, reserving some pasta water.
- Add pasta and roasted brussels sprouts to chicken sausage.
- Toss pasta with pesto. Add pasta water if pasta seems too dry.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Leave a Reply