I am sure you know the feeling of staying in the covers till late in the mornings in chilly winter months. Who wants to get up early in the morning, that I simply love in summers. I am a totally morning person in warmer months. Love getting up early, starting the day off on a high note.
Winters are totally different game for me. Lazing around in my cozy comforter, I don’t find rushing into things on those chilly mornings too tempting. That’s why, these buttermilk pancakes are often the choice of our winter weekend breakfast.
And why not!
These buttermilk pancakes are not only light and fluffy, they are full of flavor. Secret ingredients in these pancakes that make them so light and fluffy is ……. drumroll pleeasssee …… buttermilk!!!
Seriously, try this buttermilk pancakes recipe weekend. They are just so delicious! You will want to keep asking for more. I love to top mine with blueberries, Sam Sr. likes them with bananas and our little Sam Jr. likes strawberries. You can top them with your favorite toppings. Enjoy with orange juice or coffee.
Want more pancake recipes? Try these pumpkin pancakes!
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Beat with electric mixer until thoroughly mixed.
- In another bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add the wet buttermilk mixture to the dry flour mixture and combine with a spatula until it reaches the desired consistency. Make sure not to overmix.
- Heat the frying pan or griddle. Spray your choice of oil to grease the surface.
- Once the griddle is warm enough, pour the batter using the 1/2 cup as the measurement for each pancake.
- Check to see if it comes off easily from the griddle surface. When it light brown, flip to the other side.
- Serve hot with butter and orange juice as delicious breakfast.