Table of Contents
One of my favorite items to take to my work potluck was pecan tarts from our local store. Every month we would have potluck, and every time I would take these pecan tarts, I loved them so much.
Never in million years did I think that I will be making them at home. They looked so complicated to make and I do not like to try recipes that take too many ingredients so take lot of my time.
This mini version of pecan pie is not too sweet and good kind of crunchy because of all the pecans. I love the gooey brown sugar filling that is just the right amount of sweet. Since you can make these in muffin tins, you can double, tripe or reduce the amount you want to make.
These buttery pecan pie tarts can be stored for upto three days in a fridge. Wrap them in wax paper and store in air tight container. You can also make flour tartlets ahead of time and freeze them for later use.
To store, place them in a shallow pan and freeze until firm. Then layer each with waxing paper and store in air tight container. To thaw, bake at 325F degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.
Buttery Pecan Tarts
For Tart Shell
- 2 tbsp Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter softened
For Tart Filling
- 1/8 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Butter
- 1 Egg well beaten
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Chopped Pecans
- Prepare the tart shell: Combine cream cheese and butter. Beat on slow speed until combined. Add flour. Mix using hands. Make dough and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 350F degrees. Spray the muffin tin cups with non stick cooking spray.
- Take it out of refrigerator. Take the dough and divide in two equal parts. Take one part out of the two, divide them into two. Repeat until you have eight small balls that are equal in size.
- In prepared muffin tray, place each ball in muffin cup, and press into bottom and sides up to about 1/2 inch.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the shells start turning light brown. Take them out.
- Prepare the pecan filling: Combine brown sugar, butter, egg, salt, vanilla and pecan. Mix well.
- Pour about 1 teaspoon of pecan mixture into semi baked shells. Make sure they are leveled. In this recipe, I filled them out little extra and they do not look too leveled in the picture. Next time I am going to fill them at lower level.
- Bake at 350F degrees for another 10 - 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the tarts to make sure they are not get over browned.
- Remove from oven and serve in a plate.
Leave a Reply