Table of Contents
Aah! Weekend! Where were you?
Every week I think to myself that I am going to take it easy, but life happens. It gets crazy busy when you have so many things going all at once. But this week was good kind of crazy busy. We also attended summer end bbq at our son’s preschool. He was super excited to see us there. Bouncy castle, face painting and so many other kids’ activities, he just couldn’t get enough of these. By the time we got home, all of us were pretty exhausted.
So what comes to mind when you come home super exhausted?
A cup of coffee!
But not your regular coffee. I am not into strong coffee with double sugar and two milk. I like to have mine cappuccino style with lot of froth, that looks like caffe latte and is rich in flavor. If I want to have one everyday ( which I would love to!), I would be looking at spending all of my savings on cappuccino lattes. I also do not want to buy the bulky cappuccino machine that I do not see myself using (and cleaning!) everyday.
So, what do we do? We make this Cappuccino Style Coffee that is just like caffe latte with lots of froth, just like your regular cappuccinos you get at Starbucks, but less bitter (taste you get from strong coffee). Actually this version of coffee is now growing on me, and I am starting to like it even more than cappuccinos.
And I am so glad for that. It satisfies my cappuccino cravings perfectly and is easy on my budget. I don’t mind getting cheap coffee at home that is just perfect for my taste buds. This homemade coffee is so smooth and creamy with just the right amount of coffee. If you like your coffee strong, I am not sure you will like it.
This is our go to coffee whenever we had a tiring and stressful day. It works like a stress buster. You know the relaxing feeling that you get after a shower after a day’s hard work …. that kind!
You will love the special technique that I use to make it taste like the real cappuccino coffee but with less strong coffee flavor.
How to make Cappuccino Homemade Coffee?
Cappuccino Look Alike Homemade Coffee
- 1 tbsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar granulated
- 1 cuptbsp Milk
- 1 Water
- Cocoa Powder optional, to sprinkle on top
- In a coffee mug, put instant coffee powder, sugar and water.
- With a spoon, start beating the mix vigorously. It is important to beat vigorously and continuously, because that is how you get whipped frothy coffee-sugar mix.
- Keep beating until this mix turns pale brown in color. The more you beat, the more pale brown it will turn in color, and you know what that means, more creamy, frothy and rich flavorful coffee.
- Boil milk and add the whipped coffee sugar mix into boiled milk.
- Stir well with a spoon. Sprinkle coco powder and serve hot.