I love breakfast! It is one of my favorite meals of the day. If the breakfast is healthy, all the better. I love to fill up on healthy breakfast, without feeling guilty.
This caramelized onion and hard boiled egg sandwich came into existence purely accidentally. I was planning on making lunch with sauted onions – and add potatoes or some other vegetable when SV came skipping into the kitchen and demanded to eat a sandwich.
It is very rare that SV asks to eat something all by himself. As I have told you before, he is a picky eater. If you ask him a question that includes words like, eat or sleep, his answer is almost always a beeegggg NO!!! So, whenever he comes to either of us asking to EAT something, or let’s go, it’s SLEEP time, we are always looking for a catch. We assume that he wants a new toy or something.
As I was saying, I had already sauted my onions, added salt and other spices. I decided to hard boil eggs and transform our would be lunch curry into this caramelized onion and hard boiled egg sandwich.
And boy, was I glad I did that!
SV actually liked his breakfast sandwich. He seemed pretty satisfied with is filling breakfast, and I couldn’t be happier. We of course, loved our breakfast egg and onion sandwich. I pretty much try to make it on the weekend mornings, or make it to go breakfast for my busy weekday mornings.
I am sure you and your kids are going to love this super delicious and super healthy Caramelized Onions and Hard Boiled Egg Sandwich for breakfast! If you do decide to make it, please share with us a picture or two!
Caramelized Onions and Egg Sandwich
- 4 Bread Slices whole wheat
- 2 Eggs hardboiled, sliced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper ground
- Warm the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add onions and salt. Cook until slightly caramelized. Turn the heat off. Set aside.
- Toast the bread in a toaster oven until slightly brown and crispy.
- Spread the caramelized onions mix over the toasted bread. Sprinkle black pepper evenly.
- Place egg slices on top of caramelized onion mix. Place the second toasted bread on top. If you prefer, cut it in half or triangles.
- Enjoy with your favorite beverage.