Table of Contents
Cheese and Dill Puffs Recipe
Cream puffs… cheese puffs … who doesn’t love them? I have an obsession with appetizers so all the time I’m trying to create, upgrade and come up with new things. This one though is not a new one as my mom used to make this type of appetizers for parties as they are great finger food. What’s new is the ingredients as I cannot find here in the States all of the types of cheeses or spices I’m looking for, but I assure you is great. The great thing is that you can make extra puffs and you have appetizer and dessert.
Servings: 4 servings
- 500 ml water ( about 2 1/4 cups )
- 2 sticks of Butter
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 8 eggs
- pinch of salt
- In a sauce pan bring to a boil the water, salt and the butter until completely melted. Add the flour all at once and start mixing well until forms into a ball. At this point, remove the saucepan from the stove and let the dough cool.
- Using a wooden spoon or a mixer start adding the eggs to the cooled dough one by one. Do not add the next eggs before the previous one is completely incorporated.
- When you have incorporated all the eggs, transfer the mixture to a piping bag and make rosettes on a baking sheet.
- Place the puffs in a preheated oven to 400 F and bake for 20-30 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Remove from sheet and cool on a cookie rack.
- Before filling them, cut the top of the puffs.
Now for the cheese mixture/cream:
- 1 8 oz package of Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp salt or less
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill