Table of Contents
How to make Chicken Bell Pepper Stir Fry Recipe?
It has been a long time since I posted a recipe! Work, school, parenting, home repairs and my other blog have all taken up what little free time I have. There is a backlog of scribbled recipes and recipe photos sitting on my desktop as I type. I hope to get back into posting more regularly soon. But enough about me…back to the food.
stir fry sauce
This recipe is easy and you can serve this plain or over rice. You can generally make the stir fry sauce from ingredients that most people have on hand, and I had someone make the great suggestion that you could easily make a double batch of the sauce to keep in the fridge for a quick weeknight meal. Great idea! You can also change up the vegetables to please your individual palette.
More recipes https://daisyskitchen.com/recipes/
Chicken Bell Pepper Stir Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 table spoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix all ingredients above in a small bowl or cup and set aside.
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips or cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- Place a wok on high heat and heat 2-3 minutes. Drizzle a splash of canola oil into the wok and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the chicken and decrease heat a bit. Cook the chicken about 5 minutes, until almost cooked though. Add bell peppers and onions and cook 5 more minutes, stirring together. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and vegetables, and mix well. Simmer over a lower heat until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!