While planning my St. Patrick’s Day Brunch I had the brilliant idea that I would order a platter of Chicken mini’s from Chick-Fil-A. Only the best breakfast food in the whole world. Then I realized the brunch was on a Sunday. Womp womp.
So I did what anyone else would do. I made my own! These were definitely the first to go!
Chicken Minis Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- peanut oil, for frying
- 2 packages Sister Shubert’s Parkerhouse Style Rolls (frozen)
- honey or agave nectar for brushing
- Mix together milk and egg.Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Marinate in milk mixture for 2-4 hours.Remove rolls from freezer. When rolls are defrosted, brush with honey or agave nectar. Cook according to package directions.
- Heat peanut oil in a large pot to 335 degrees or until it sizzles when some flour is dropped in the oil.
- Put flour, sugar, and salt in a large ziplock bag. Remove chicken from milk mixture and add to flour mixture.
- Seal the bag tightly and toss to coat.
- Working in batches, cook chicken until golden brown. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Slice roll in half and put 1-2 chicken nuggets inside.Serve warm or at room temperature.