Table of Contents
What do you do when you suddenly start craving something sweet, something chewy. When you want to just gobble up the whole thing with lots of chocolate chips in it.
Well, one of these days last week, I realized I needed to go grocery shopping. We were totally running out of milk, and I needed it to make my next delicious recipe. So, I scheduled an impromptu trip to grocery store …. on an empty stomach!!! BIG MISTAKE!!!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Easy
As soon as I entered the store, there was this huge picture of chocolate chip cookies right on the big wall, just staring at me, begging me to take a bite. And I was starving by now!
Can you imagine what I did next?
Recipe For Chocolate Chip Cookies
I fetched the shopping cart, went to the baking aisle, picked up chocolate chips, all purpose flour, wheat flour, some butter and anything that I could remember was not at home to make myself a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies. I know I could buy a pack from the store itself, but I was craving for that fresh, melt in your mouth cookie that I could bake only at home. I also remembered to pick up the milk though!
Because these cookies do not take that long to bake, I got to work as soon as I got home. Mixed all the ingredients together. Made huge dough balls, arranged them on my baking sheet and put them in the oven.
After about 10 mins, as the timer on my oven went off, I turned it off. Took out the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes and over to the cooling rack for 15 minutes, can you imagine my impatience in waiting for them to get to that perfect texture.
Big Bite Chocolate Chip Cookie
Well, as I took that first big bite of my chocolate chip cookie, I was in heaven. Next 2 – 3 cookies went down just like that. They are just so soft with crispy edges and chewy in the middle. extremely easy to make.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Butter unsalted melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine sugar and melted butter. Beat using the electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla to the mixture. Beat on low speed.
- Add all purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Mix together using your hands. Do not overmix.
- Make sure the consistency of your dough mix is just right. If it is too sticky, add little more flour.
- Add the chocolate chips to the dough mix and knead the dough a little more.
- Roll the dough and make large dough balls. Place them on a cookie sheet. You can use two cookie sheets for more dough balls.
- Bake for 9 – 10 minutes, until the dough balls start to melt down, looking golden brown and starting to take cookie shape.
- Make sure not to overbake. I have had some mishaps in the past and my cookies have come out dried out, and looking like bricks.
- When you take them out at the right time, they will look undercooked, pale and puffed up.
- Let them cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes or so. Then transfer to cooling wire rack. Let them cool down for another 15 minutes. And that’s it!
- Enjoy these soft, chewy, melt in your mouth cookies with milk or coffee.