Delicious Juicy sweet strawberries + crunchy milk chocolate shell = yummilicious awesomeness !!!
Not sure if “yummilicious” word even exists but this is my way to express my extreme fondness for these chocolate covered strawberries. I mean, who wouldn’t love these! When you take a bite, you will experience this crunchy milk chocolate layer with juicy sweetness of strawberries.
And what’s best about these chocolate covered strawberries is that they are so easy to make and are ready in no time. Juicy strawberries covered with melted chocolate – an ultimate dessert!
These are perfect for holidays, Valentine’s Day or even Superbowl party.
You need only two ingredients to make these – fresh strawberries and milk chocolate chips.
Before starting to make this dessert, you need to make sure that strawberries are really really dry. After washing them properly under running water, pat them dry with paper towel. If there’s water drops left on the strawberries, the chocolate coating won’t stick properly. This can also result in grainy texture of the chocolate after strawberries are dipped in the melted chocolate. So, once you wash them with water, I’d recommend you let them dry on the paper towel, and pat them dry.
To make these, you need to melt the chocolate. You can also use double boiler to melt chocolate if you are comfortable using that. I melt them in the microwave. Simply place the milk chocolate chips or chocolate bark in the microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted. While the chocolate is melting, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Working with one strawberry at a time, hold the top of one and dip in the chocolate, swirl once or twice until it is coated evenly with the melted chocolate. Lift and twist slightly. This will let any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
Set the strawberries on the parchment paper. If you want to make them little more festive, you can drizzle the strawberries with some melted white chocolate. You can even coat them with sparkles. I left them as is, because I couldn’t wait any longer
Let the strawberries set for about 30 minutes or it is dry to touch. Once the chocolate is dried, transfer them to serving plate.
Enjoy these cool, sweet and juicy strawberries with crunchy chocolatey shell.
Table of Contents
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pound Strawberries washed, well dried
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- Place the milk chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chocolate chips are melted.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Hold a strawberry from top or long stem. Dip in the melted chocolate. Turn and swirl until it is coated evenly with chocolate. Lift and twist so that excess chocolate falls back into the bowl.
- Set the coated strawberry on the parchment paper. Repeat with rest of the strawberries.
- Set these strawberries aside for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is dry to touch.
- Transfer to serving plate. Enjoy!
To make it easier to handle these strawberries, make sure they have longer stems to hold on to.
Make sure that strawberries are very very dry before coating them with the chocolate or the chocolate won't stick properly and will end up with grainy texture.