Most of the time, I claim to have no sweet tooth. I do not drool when there is a bowl full of chocolates sitting right in front of me. But come holidays, my sweet tooth magically appears from nowhere.
I am not sure if it is the festive atmosphere or the yummiest variety of chocolates that can be seen all around you – in stores, at coworkers desk or in your child’s Halloween candy bag chocolate stash.
Whatever it is, I have to satisfy my craving for a delicious chocolate. If that is baked chocolate in form of chocolate chip cookies or red velvet crinkle cookie, you won’t hear me complaining. No Wayyyyy!!!
I love the fresh baked chocolate smell that comes out of the oven when these chocolate goodies are being made.
Please don’t judge me if I sometimes want to sample these melt-in-your-mouth goodies right out of the oven. So, this time when I was looking for a sweet treat, chocolate crinkle cookiesit was!
chocolate crinkle cookies cake mix are just perfect kind of cookies to get you into holidays spirit. Kids love these cute, soft and chewy bite sized cookies that are perfect to make during Christmas and other holidays.
Take these for cookie exchange, potluck or kids’ parties and you will get admiring looks and lots of compliments. And requests to bring them next year as well!
I think they are called crinkle cookies because of the icing sugar crinkles after these are baked. These are also called snow caps or black and whites. Whatever you prefer to call them, be sure to enjoy this nice little version of brownie fudge and chocolate cake put together in this chocolate crinkle cookie.
If you happen to make these chocolate crinkle cookies for holidays, please upload on Instagram and hashtag with #recipeslover I’d love to see your recipes!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Pieces
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 cup Icing Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate pieces. Add sugar and oil until combined. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well until the fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture to chocolate mixture. Mix with hand mixer until a smooth batter forms. Cover the bowl with lid.
- Refrigerate for 3 or so hours. You can even keep it overnight. The batter should become hard to form small balls easily.
- When you feel the dough is hard enough, take it out of the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degree. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in icing sugar so that they are covered fully. Place on baking sheet, about an inch apart.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy these chewy chocolate crinkles.
Leave a Reply