Table of Contents
We need 7 ingredients for classic french toast. you can find these ingredients in all markets. you can find these materials in all markets. After supplying these ingredients. we’re ready to make our classic French toast.
Breakfast over the weekend is something I look forward to all week long. Sweet breakfast items like pancakes, waffles and french bread are some of my favorite. Picking one among these is fairly tricky.
Delicious potato toast bits, why don’t you try it ? you must try this great toast.
But if I do have to make a choice, I ‘d go with french toast for breakfast. Thick slices of bread soaked in egg mixture made from cinnamon and milk, shallow fried in lightly buttered skillet, served with maple syrup and banana slices (or your favorite fruit like blueberries or strawberries). Ahh …. pure heaven!
We like to use brown bread. You can use white bread, cinnamon, raisin, french or Italian. I do have to make up my mind few days ahead of time if me and my family want to make french bread over the weekend.
That’s because we like our french toast made from firm bread. A bread that has become stale after leaving out on the kitchen counter for a day or two. If I use fresh bread for my french toast, it becomes mushy when I soak it in my egg mixture.
Sam Jr likes his french toast sprinkled with powdered sugar. Sam Sr. likes his with blueberries and strawberries. I love mine with banana slices!
Can you think of anything better than classic french bread to enjoy over your bright and early Sunday morning? I ‘m not sure I can!
Classic French Toast
- 6 Bread Slices thick
- 2 egg
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 3 tsp butter
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- In a medium size bowl, combine egg, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt. Beat until combined.
- Heat lightly buttered skillet over medium flame.
- Soak a bread slice from each side in the egg mixture for about 10 seconds. This allows the egg mixture to absorb in the bread properly.
- Place egg mixture soaked bread on the skillet. Flip the side when it turns golden. Let the other side cook until golden.
- Remove from the skillet. Serve warm with maple syrup and topping of your choice. I like it with banana slices, blueberries or strawberries.