I have been pretty obsessed with this salsa lately. I mean it tastes really good. Like summer.
And summer food things should be quick, right? This is fast. Literally throw everything together and you are done.
Unless you can find real corn. And by real corn I mean corn on the cob. If it is in season, use cooked corn on the cob, cut off the corn and throw it in the salsa. 3 ears should do the trick. Otherwise, I like to use steam in the bag frozen corn. The next best thing to the fresh corn.
Corn and Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package of frozen corn, defrosted (or 3 ears of corn, corn removed)
- 1 zest of 1 lime
- 2 limes of juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips.