Cottage pie recipe
Shepherd Pie recipe and Cottage Pie recipe are very parallel. Shepherd’s Pie is prepared from lamb while Cottage Pie is use beef. In this edition, of Cottage Pie recipe, we apply fresh crushed beef; still you can as well use available Roast Beef.
- 1 onion
- 500 grams 1 lb of beef mince
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 teaspoon of tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1 bouquet garni or a small bunch of herb chop finely as well as one whole bay leaf .
- 3 to 4 large potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- Peel as well as chop the carrot and onion finely. Temperature the oil in a bulky saucepan or frypan, put in the onion and cook awaiting the onion is clear or else translucent.
- Add the crushed beef and sauté by a wooden spoon smash up the mince so it is fine and nice. Stir methodically to combine. Slowly add the stock with bring to the boil. Put in pepper and salt to taste.
- The combination should be fairly thick. Remove and throw away the bouquet garni or else whole bay leaf and set mix aside.
- Wrap the potatoes, cut into quarters as well as put in a medium frypan with arctic water, just casing the potatoes. Reduce the warmth and boil for 12 to 16 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Crush the potatoes with one teaspoon of butter waiting the potato is very soft – add a little milk if essential.
- Put in salt to taste. Preheat the range to 180°C, 370°F or gas mark 5. Spoon the cut up blend into a pie dish, after that pipe or spoon the creamy mash potato over the cut up. Sprinkle grate cheese on top if preferred and bakes for 10 to15 minutes or waiting the potato is golden as well as the pie is heated during.