how to make
Creamy pasta with fresh vegetables and turkey ? you will want to try this recipe at your main meal.
this recipe is delicious. you should try it. it’s a very nice recipe for the combination of creamy pasta and splendid chicken.
Table of Contents
Creamy pasta with fresh vegetables and turkey
- 0,66 pounds of turkey (cooked)
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2,11 cups of cream
- 0,84 cups of milk
- 2 large onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 0.55 pounds of broccoli (frozen works as well)
- 1 large red pepper
- 0.44 pounds of mushrooms
- a pinch of coarse ground black pepper
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (for thickening the sauce if the cream is not heavy)
- 0.63 cups of water or milk (mix with cornstarch)
Serve it with pasta
- 0,99 pounds of wholemeal pasta (optional, regular pasta works as well)
- Start by chopping all the vegetables and put them all in seperated bowls except for the onions and garlic (they can be put in the same bowl). Cut the turkey into small squares and put them in a bowl.
- Start by heating up a skillet and cook the onions and garlic until they are soft and translucent. (medium heat)
- While the onions are cooking grab a skillet and pour water in it and a pinch of salt. when the water starts boiling put the pasta in the skillet. When the pasta is done and ready to drain do not forget to put a bit of optional oil so the pasta does not stick.
- Put the mushrooms in the skillet and cook them as well. When they are soft and looked some what cooked put the peppers as well in the skillet. let it cook for about 2 minutes. Put the broccoli in the skillet and let it cook for 2 minutes as well. Season with a pinch of salt and coarse ground black pepper.
- Lastly remove the vegetable mix from the skillet and put it in a bowl.
Now it is time to start with the sauce:
- Take the cornstarch and put it in a small bowl and mix it with water or milk. Pour the milk and cream in a big saucepan (the vegetables and turkey is going in the sauce when it is finished)
- Put the cornstarch mixture in the saucepan. Season the sauce with a pinch of coarse ground black pepper and salt.
- Put the heat on low to medium and whisk the the sauce.
- When the sauce is getting thicker and almost done put the turkey and vegetables in the saucepan and remove it from the heat. The sauce will get thicker while it is reposing. At last put parmesan cheese in the saucepan and blend it.