Summer is going to be amazing. I can already tell. Why would I say that on a day that I am home from school for a
snow rain day? Because I had time to take pictures in the daylight. I have the best husband ever who bought me some amazing photography equipment to help me with taking pictures at night. They are really great and super helpful for me to take pictures of our dinner food. But, no matter how good my new equipment is, daylight is always tops. And how does all of this relate to summer? I don’t have to work in the summer! Wahoooo!!! I can’t wait. I will have plenty of time to photograph in the daytime plus even more time to style my shoots and take as many pictures as I want! In the meantime, please accept this hearty one-dish chicken dinner. Enjoy!
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Pesto Pasta Recipe
- bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (as many as you can eat and will fit in your oven proof pan)
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- cavatappi pasta (enough for everyone-for 2 people we used half a box and had leftovers)
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite pesto, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- In an oven proof pot or skillet cover bottom of pan with a layer of vegetable oil. Heat vegetable oil over high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add chicken thighs, skin down. Be careful, it will splatter. Cook for 15 minutes. Do not turn.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until just before it reaches al dente.
- After 15 minutes, remove chicken from pan. Drain drippings.
- Add pasta, chicken broth, and pesto to the pan. Toss to coat. Add more pesto if desired.
- Place chicken on top of the pasta, skin sides up.
- Place pot in the oven, uncovered for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.