Table of Contents
Custard Orange Cake Recipe
- 1 /4 Cups self raising flour
- 2/3 cup 80g custard powder
- 2/3 cup 135g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange rind (peel)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180). Grease and lightly flour cake tin or line with baking paper.
- Sift self raising flour and custard powder together.Whisk and combine butter, sugar, orange juice, eggs and orange rind.
- Add sifted flour in 2 portions and whisk to combine well.
- Pour batter into prepared baking tin and bake for about 30 – 35 mins or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.Cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Put on wire rack to cool completely.
- You can substitute with 1 1/4 cups cake flour + 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder + pinch salt