how to make Dates Biscuits ? Dates are so easy to make Biscuits, let’s get started.
click here if you want to have a look at other cookie recipes.
Table of Contents
Dates Biscuits Recipes
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 400 grams crushed walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 kg soft dates
- 2 kg dried/hard dates
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 200 grams melted margarine
- 50 grams dry yeast
- 1 dl lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 kg margarine
- 1 kg margarine
- 2 kg flour
- 2 tablespoon butter ghee, natural milk
- 4 teaspoon cardamom
- Egg wash: 2 eggs and a brushOven: If using a convection oven: 175 degrees. If using regular oven 180 degrees.
- Start by removing the dates seeds and put the dates in a bowl. Melt the margarine and put it in the same bowl. Put the sesame seeds and cardamom (optional amount) in the bowl. Mix it with your hands until the ingredients are mixed well and it is a soft mixture.
- Crush the walnuts into small pieces. Put it in a bowl and some optional amount sugar and cardamom into it and stir it.
- Now that the fillings are finished and ready it is time to start with the dough.
- Start by melting the margarine and the butter ghee in a saucepan. Pour the milk into the saucepan. The mixture should be lukewarm.
- Grab a small bowl and add the yeast and sugar to it. Pour the lukewarm water into the bowl and stir the mixture. wrap it with plastic wrap and let the yeast activate for 5 minutes.
- Grab a big bowl and put the flour in it. Put optional amount cardamom in the bowl. Put the yeast in it. Pour the margarine mixture into to bowl as you go and knead the dough with your hands. Knead the dough until it is firm. Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and finish it with a cloth over the bowl.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the egg wash. Take out oven trays and put baking paper on them. Prepare the surface you are going to bake on. Take out a rolling pin and a knife so you can cut the dough into small pieces.
- Start the oven and put the heat on 175 degrees if using a convection oven, otherwise 180 degrees
- Take a moderate amount of dough and roll it out until it is a round thin cake. The thickness of the dough is optional and depending on how thick you want the biscuits to be. Put optional filling on the dough and spread it out cautiously. Roll the dough by starting from the lengths. Cut it up into optional pieces depending on how big you want the biscuits to be.
- Put the biscuits on a tray with parchment paper. Use a pastry brush and paint the biscuits with a coat of egg wash. Put the the tray in the middle of the preheated oven. Take them out when they are golden and crispy.