Table of Contents
Delicious and easy banana cream pie recipe. You will find yourself making this dessert for every affair you have. With instant banana cream pie filling there is no cooking required. What could be more effortless?
I love any kind of cream pies, but banana cream pie is my favorite. When I saw banana cream pudding for the first time, I was elated. The package had a recipe for banana cream pie. But it seemed a little dull to me. So I revised the recipe a bit. I added Amaretto liqueur to the mix. Amaretto, when tasted by itself, has a bitter almond like taste. But when added to a dessert recipe, it takes on a sweeter more mellow almond taste. To me, it almost has a cherry-like taste.
Of course, if you do not wish any liqueur in your banana dessert recipes, you can use almond extract and achieve the same effect.
I am always searching for easy yet scrumptious desserts. This pie is a real winner. Not only do you have a dessert that everyone will love, but you saved yourself a small fortune. Have you purchase a cream pie at a bakery lately? I have one word for it “Expensive”!
Easy Banana Cream Pie
- 1 package banana cream flavor no cook instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 tsps Amaretto liqueur or 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 9inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1 banana, sliced in thin rounds when ready to serve pie
- 1 tbl Amaretto liqueur, to spike bananas (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries, no juice (optional)
- In a medium size bowl, whisk banana cream pudding and cold milk for 2 minutes. Add the Amaretto or almond extract and stir to combine.
- Pour pudding into graham cracker pie crust. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour to let pudding set.
- When ready to serve, remove pie from refrigerator. Place the sliced bananas in a spiral over the pie. If using the Amaretto to spike the bananas, sprinkle the tablespoon of the liqueur evenly over the bananas now. If using cherries, sprinkle the cherries over the bananas. Top with several spoonfuls of non-dairy topping. Smooth and swirl the topping over the pie to cover the bananas. Then, take a can of whipped cream and squirt it around the entire outside of the pie as a decorative edge. Serve immediately.Leftovers can be covered and kept in the refrigerator for two or three days. However, you may want to remove the bananas prior to storage in the refrigerator, as they are likely to turn black.
it’s a great recipe I’ve prepared with great care. you should try.