These oven baked pork chops, with gravy and easy short-cut scalloped potatoes, make a great Sunday family dinner.
Oven baking your meals makes cooking easier. The oven does most of the work, leaving you free for other meal prep functions. What I usually do when I am cooking a main and side dish simultaneously in the oven, is start cleaning up. Then, by the time the meal is done, I have cleaned the whole kitchen and all dirty preparation dishes are in the dishwasher ready to go right after dinner. Oddly enough, years ago, I never even thought of cleaning-up as you go cooking.
Hope you enjoy these recipes.
Table of Contents
OVEN BAKED PORK CHOPS
- 4 pork chops (loin cut, boneless are okay)
- 1 tbl canola oil
- 1 1/2 cans cream of mushroom soup, or golden cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbls onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbl parsley
- 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Brown pork chops in oil in skillet over medium heat. Blend soup, sour cream, water, Worcestershire sauce, onions and parsley. Set aside
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Layer potatoes, topping each layer with swiss cheese and a small amount of the sauce. Lay the pork chops over potatoes and top with most of the sauce. Cook at 375° for 1 1/4 hours. If using boneless pork chops, you may want to check for doneness after 1 hour. They tend to cook a little faster than bone-in chops.
- Place chops in a serving plate topped with some of the mushroom gravy. Serve potatoes rustic like in the cast iron skillet. Add a green salad and eat up.