This roast beef panini is relatively easy to make and ooh so great tasting. It will out do just a plain old beef sandwich any day. The horseradish and the green chiles make it spicy and tangy. This sandwich has a real kick to it.
Sandwiches can be just a bit boring. So when we can take an ordinary sandwich and make it extraordinary, why not?
I have been messing around in the kitchen since I was a young girl. I used to make these sandwiches with all kinds of meat and condiments long before the panini grill came about. I would make them like a grill cheese. Grill one side and then flip it over and grill the other side. My grilled sandwiches came out just as good. Which is to say, you don’t really have to have a panini grill to make a great panini sandwich. Just have, maybe, a little imagination.
Table of Contents
Beef Panini Recipe
- 2 tbls low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 4 slices of Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices of thick cut ciabatta or sourdough bread
- 8 ozs thin sliced deli cooked roast beef
- 4 tomato slices, sliced thinly
- 2 whole roasted green chiles, cut length wise in half (canned are fine)
- Combine the mayonnaise and horseradish together in a small bowl. Stir well. Set aside.
- Preheat the panini grill to high.
- Assemble the panini by spreading the mayonnaise mixture on the inside and outside of the bread slices. Then lay 1 piece of cheese on bread. Add 2 tomato slices and 2 slices of the green chilis. Place half of the meat over the tomato and green chiles. Top with 1 more slice of cheese and cover with bread. Repeat for second panini.
- Place panini on grill for 4 to 5 minutes.This panini sandwich would go great with a cucumber and tomato salad, dressed with olive oil and vinegar, salt and a dash of oregano.