Table of Contents
These delicious barbecue teriyaki chicken recipes are tasty as well as versatile. With these bbq chicken marinades, you can grill your chicken on the barbacue. Or, you can bake it in the oven and finish it under the broiler.
When I was young, my family always barbecured throughout the whole summer. Since we lived in southern California, we used to barbecue most of the winter too.
I have always been partial to and still am today, the kettle type barbecue with charcoal briquets. I guess it’s a matter of preference. I thinks food tastes better on a fire grill of mesquite charcoal or oak wood as opposed to a gas or propane grill.
Crucial to a tasty barbecued chicken, is a good bbq chicken marinade. Either way you choose to grill, I think you will enjoy these marinades for chicken .
Delicious Barbecued Teriyaki Chicken Recipes
- 10 chicken pieces (your choice)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbls honey
- 1 tbl dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Combine marinade. Place chicken in a large plastic resealable bag and pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag and place on a dish in the refrigerator. Marinate for 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Take chicken out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling and remove from the marinade. If you plan to use the marinade for basting, boil it in a sauce pan for several minutes prior to re-using.
- Ignite the coals about 20 minutes before you are ready to grill. Always make sure you light enough briquets for an hours worth of cooking. Nothing worse than being in the middle of cooking and you start to lose heat from dying embers.
- When fire is ready (all charcoal will be covered with white ash), oil the grill with a paper towel dampened with canola oil. Place grill about 4 to 6 inches from fire. If you are using a kettle, that is your only choice. Place chicken, skin side down, on grill. Place lid on barbecue. Covering the barbecue will cause meat to cook faster. However, keep your eye on it. Make sure the vents in the barbecue bottom and top are open for maximum heat circulation. Baste chicken at 10 to 15 minute intervals.
- The cooking process should take about 60 minutes, or when chicken is no longer pink inside.
- If you have the notion, you might want to take about 4 slices of pineapple, coat them with some melted butter and throw them on the grill for about 3 minutes per side. Grilled pineapple are divine.
Bbq Chicken Marinade:
1 cup white wine (something you would drink)
1/4 olive oil
1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp organo leaves, crushed
2 tbls dry mustard
1 tbl honey Wisk all ingredients together and marinate chicken for at least one hour. This marinade works well on skinless chicken breasts. When barbecuing skinless chicken, remember, it cooks in NO time at all, so watch it closely. Teriyaki Marinade Recipe
1/2 cup hoisan sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbls honey
2 tbl dry sherry
1 garlic clove, crushed Combine all ingredients. Place chicken in a plastice bag, pour marinade over chicken and place in refrigerator to marinate for 4 to 6 hours. I like this marinade on chicken drumsticks. When barbecued, the skin is crispy and has a great salty-sweet taste from the marinade.