Table of Contents
Try some delicious and hearty homemade chicken noodle soup recipes. Always a tasty comfort food, homemade chicken noodle is my favorite soup. With some crunchy croutons and little Parmesan cheese what could be better on a cold winter evening.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 tsp canola
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tbl parsley flakes, or finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chopped chicken (I sometimes use a roasted chicken from the super market)
- 1 1/2 cups wide egg noodles (or any type of noodle you prefer
- In a 4qt stock pot, heat oil. Add carrots, celery and onions and saute until the onions become translucent, but not brown.
- Add chicken broth, poultry seasoning, parsley and chopped chicken to the pot and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and simmer uncovered for another 10 minutes.