These delicious and healthy quesadillas are perfect when you´re craving taco but want something quickly. You can vary the filling with chicken, mince meat, vegetarian etc. whatever you like
Delicious homemade quesadillas in 15 minutes with homemade guacamole & chunky salsa
- 4 pieces of tortilla bread
- 1,05 cups of quorn (vegetarian) mince (I used vegetarian, you can use whatever filling you like, chicken for example och minced meat)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of taco spice mix (I used regular, you can use whatever kind you like)
- a pinch of freshly cut jalapeno (optional)
- 1 avokado
- 1 lime
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese (I mixed gouda and cheddar but you can put whatever you like and how much you want)
- 4 slices of gouda cheese
- 1/2 of onion (optional)
- 1/2 green pepper (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of coarse ground black pepper
- a pinch of red pepper flakes a pinch of coriander (dry)
- a pinch of coriander (dry)
- a pinch of fresh coriander (if you have any)
- 1 clove of garlic
- thick & chunky salsa (to serve on the side)
- cherry tomatoes (optional, to serve on the side)
- cucumber slices (optional, to serve on the side)
Start by chopping the jalapeno into small pieces and put it in a skillet. Put the quorn mince (whatever filling you´re using) in the skillet with a few drops of canola oil, put the taco spice mix in there and blend it.
While the mince is cooking for a few minutes start by slicing the onion and green pepper thinly.
Put two tortilla bread on the counter and put 2 slices of cheese on each tortilla bread. Spread the cheese evenly on the tortillas. Put the mince on top of cheese, add the onion and green pepper. Put 2 sices of cheese evenly on each tortilla and put the two other tortillas bread on top of the ones with fillings. Put about 3 teaspoons of canola oil on a clean skillet and put the het first on low so the cheese can melt and then medium. Put one quesadilla on the skillet (unless you have a large skillet and kan fit two). Check the quesadilla with a spatula so it doesn´t get burned under. You can flip it the quesadilla when the cheese has melted and it has a grilled and crispy suface under. you want the same surface on the both side and then it´s done. Repeat the same with the other quesadilla.
Squash the avocado in a small bowl while you´re waiting for the quesadillas, add one clove of pressed garlic and squeese a half of lime juice. Put a pinch of black pepper, salt, coriander and top it with some fresh coriander on the top. Cut the other half of lime into wedges, slice up some tomatoes and cucumber.
Serve the quesadillas, with the gucamole, vegetables and the salsa