These delicious and healthy quesadillas are perfect when you´re craving taco but want something quickly. You can vary the filling with chicken, mince meat, vegetarian etc. whatever you like
homemade guacamole & chunky salsa
Delicious homemade quesadillas in 15 minutes with homemade guacamole & chunky salsaYum
Servings: 2 People
- 4 pieces of tortilla bread
- 1,05 cups of quorn (vegetarian) mince (I used vegetarian, you can use whatever filling you like, chicken for example och minced meat)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of taco spice mix (I used regular, you can use whatever kind you like)
- a pinch of freshly cut jalapeno (optional)
- 1 avokado
- 1 lime
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese (I mixed gouda and cheddar but you can put whatever you like and how much you want)
- 4 slices of gouda cheese
- 1/2 of onion (optional)
- 1/2 green pepper (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of coarse ground black pepper
- a pinch of red pepper flakes a pinch of coriander (dry)
- a pinch of coriander (dry)
- a pinch of fresh coriander (if you have any)
- 1 clove of garlic
- thick & chunky salsa (to serve on the side)
- cherry tomatoes (optional, to serve on the side)
- cucumber slices (optional, to serve on the side)
- Start by chopping the jalapeno into small pieces and put it in a skillet. Put the quorn mince (whatever filling you´re using) in the skillet with a few drops of canola oil, put the taco spice mix in there and blend it.
- While the mince is cooking for a few minutes start by slicing the onion and green pepper thinly.
- Put two tortilla bread on the counter and put 2 slices of cheese on each tortilla bread. Spread the cheese evenly on the tortillas. Put the mince on top of cheese, add the onion and green pepper. Put 2 sices of cheese evenly on each tortilla and put the two other tortillas bread on top of the ones with fillings. Put about 3 teaspoons of canola oil on a clean skillet and put the het first on low so the cheese can melt and then medium. Put one quesadilla on the skillet (unless you have a large skillet and kan fit two). Check the quesadilla with a spatula so it doesn´t get burned under. You can flip it the quesadilla when the cheese has melted and it has a grilled and crispy suface under. you want the same surface on the both side and then it´s done. Repeat the same with the other quesadilla.
- Squash the avocado in a small bowl while you´re waiting for the quesadillas, add one clove of pressed garlic and squeese a half of lime juice. Put a pinch of black pepper, salt, coriander and top it with some fresh coriander on the top. Cut the other half of lime into wedges, slice up some tomatoes and cucumber.
- Serve the quesadillas, with the gucamole, vegetables and the salsa
Leave a Reply