Confession Time – I had no idea that I’ll be making these potato toast bites, (one of the most easy appetizer recipes) until I had these leftover boiled, spiced and mashed potatoes from creamy mashed potatoes I made the other day. I had been looking to make good use of these potatoes, because, well …. we love potatoes, and can take any recipe as long as it contains potatoes.
Sam came up with this theory that these potatoes are already delicious, they have already been boiled and spiced. I won’t be able to do much damage to them. I can only combine them with something else, and make another potato dish.
I got my thinking hat on. Looking into the refrigerator, I found some bread and this idea of potato toast bites came to mind. This recipe only calls for boiled, spiced and mashed potatoes, bread and some oil. Spread the mashed potatoes on one side of the bread, shallow fry on both sides and you ‘re done.
You CANNOT go wrong with this super simple recipe. And mind you, just because it is simple, doesn’t mean it isn’t tasty. It is out of this world delicious! Try a bite with some ketchup. Sit back and enjoy!
Superbowl is coming up next weekend. So I’m going to take these to our friends’ party as appetizers. I already served them as a part of potluck last week. These are crowd pleasers for sure!
Delicious Potato Toast Bites Recipe
- 2 Potatoes boiled,mashed
- 3 bread slices
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- Add salt and black pepper to mashed potatoes. You can add your favorite spices. Reduce or add the quantity as per your taste.
- On a slice of bread, spread the mashed potatoes on one side using butter knife.
- On a medium heat, warm up the oil in a skillet. Shallow fry the bread in the oil and flip to other side when one side turns light brown. Flip again when other side is light brown too.
- Repeat with rest of the bread slices. Cut a slice into four square pieces or longer slices.
- Enjoy with ketchup or your favorite dip.