This tasty dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is quick to make!
Delicious spanish omelette
This tasty dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is quick to make!Yum
- 6 eggs (normal size)
- 4 potatoes (normal size)
- 1.5 cups of canola oil
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of coarse ground black pepper
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese (optional amount)
- 6 slices of gouda cheese (optional amount)
- Start by cutting the potatoes into small square pieces. Heat up a skillet with canola oil and put the potatoes in the skillet. Cook the potatoes until they get a nice colour and are soft.
- While you are waiting for the potatoes to cook crack the eggs and put them in a large bowl, season with salt and black pepper and whisk it throughly.
- When the potatoes are cooked put them in egg bowl and blend it together with the eggs. put a little canola oil in the skillet. Put about half of the egg mixture in the skillet and put 2 slices of cheddar and 3 slices of gouda cheese on top. Then put the rest of the mixture on top. Let the heat be on medium, when the omelette is getting firm under cover the skillet with a lid and put the heat on low. After 2 minutes remove the lid. Take a plate that is the same (or bigger) than the skillet and put it against the skillet and flip it so that the omelette is on plate. Then slide the omelette back to skillet (so the other side of the omelette can cook) and put the heat on medium. Put the rest of the slices of cheese on top of the omelette. cover the skillet with a lid when it almost looks cooked so that the cheese melts properly.
- Serve with bread, vegetables or you can just eat it like that.