Hi There! Welcome to my Valentine’s Recipes series! I’m having so much fun making recipes and crafts for Valentine’s Day. SV and I coined the term “Double The Fun” Valentine Hearts when we made these bite sized hearts the other day. Double the fun comes from two layers of chocolates – colorful candy melts and dark chocolate.
Sweet and bitter taste of these two chocolates makes the sweetness of these bites just right. They are so easy to make and so delicious. Perfect Valentine’s Recipe to make with kids.
You can use your favorite colors to make these hearts. We had some leftover red and pink candy melts from M&M White Chocolate Cracker Bark and wanted to make something simple yet colorful. I also had some dark chocolate chips handy, as a result these Double The Fun Valentine Hearts were born.
“Double The Fun” Valentine Hearts Recipe
- 1/2 oz Pink Candy Melts
- 1/2 oz Red Candy Melts
- 1 oz Black Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Place red candy melts and 1/3 tbsp oil in microwave safe bowl. Place pink candy melts and 1/3 tbsp oil in other microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds, stir both with two separate spoons; microwave for another 15 seconds, stir again. Repeat until melted completely.
- Pour in heart shaped molds. Fill half the molds with red and pink candy melts.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Place dark chocolate chips and 1/3 tbsp oil in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds; stir with spoon. Microwave for another 15 seconds; stir. Repeat until the chips are completely melted.
- Remove the mold from the refrigerator. Fill the rest of the molds with melted dark chocolate on top of red and pink candy melts.
- Refrigerate again for another half hour. Remove from the mold . Enjoy!