Table of Contents
Dressed up Salami Recipe
Super fun to make and the result is also pretty. If using a store bought dough consider this a semi-homade appertizer. Also great in a lunch bag for school or office.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 container Pillsbury Country Italian Bread Dough
- 1 dry salami about 1 to 1.5 lbs per piece
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese (the dryer one, not the one in water)
- 1 egg and a tbsp milk for the egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or according to the dough instructions.
- Unroll the dough on a well floured surface and roll it out a little until it gets to about 1/2 inch thickness. Place the salami on one of the ends and cut the dough 2 inch longer then the salami. Reserve the dough pieces for the design.
- Place the cheese slices all around the salami and then roll the dough starting from the end with the salami to the other end. Tuch the ends underneath and place it on a greased baking sheet or in a bread pan. Make lines or different cutouts from the remaing dough and dress up the bread.
- rush the bread all over with the egg was and place it in the preheated oven. Bake until golden brown.Let it cool and then slice it.
- Great for buffet style parties.
- You could do this also in individual mini breads using slices of salami.
- You can dress up your salami even more by adding slices of peppers, spinach or other vegetables next to the salami.