Easy and delicious shredded beef recipes. Try your hand at some scrumptious shredded beef tacos. You can even make them in a pressure cooker. How easy is that?
Although, I am Italian and love to cook and dine on Italian cuisine, my favorite food is Mexican. Living in Southern California, I am exposed to all types of great Mexican food. I like to share great recipes that I have come across with my friends.
SHREDDED BEEF RECIPES
- 1 tbl canola or olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green chiles (canned are fine)
- 2 lbs chuck steak or left over pot roast
- 1/2 cup chopped or stewed Mexican style tomatoes, in juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- If you do not have leftover pot roast. Use a 2 pound boneless chuck roast. It should not be more than 1 inch thick. The smaller it is, the faster it will cook. Place the roast in crock pot. Pour 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup water over roast. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves and 2 bay leaves. Cover, set cooker to high and cook for about 3 or 4 hours until tender. Cooking time will vary depending on how thick the roast is. When done, allow meat to cool. Shred meat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and green chiles in oil for about 5 or 6 minutes. Add the meat, tomatoes and cumin. Cook on medium high heat until liquid is absorbed. Serve warm meat on corn tortillas with cheese, red onion, cilantro and salsa.