I have made and tasted about every appetizer that is known to mankind. I think these shrimp appetizers are pretty special.
I have given this recipes out numerous times. I often have someone tell me how they changed the recipe a bit. They added this or that to it and how great it tasted. They are usually right. You can experiment and add a favorite spice or vegetable to make your own flavor sensation.
Easy and Delicious Shrimp Appetizer Recipe
- 1- 8 oz can of flaky biscuits or dinner rolls
- 8 ozs cooked bay shrimp (the tiny ones)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss or jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbls finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 radishes, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease, spray or use parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Separate the dough into 12 pieces. By breaking up the layers, separate the layers of each biscuit into 3 equal pieces. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine shrimp, cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, red onion and cilantro. Spoon a teaspoonful of mixture onto each dough piece. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until a light golden brown. Top with diced radishes for a hot and snappy crunch. Serve hot.