This easy Apple crisp with rolled oats is one of my favorite fall recipes. Tender apples with crispy and crunchy streusel topping, combined with vanilla ice cream ….. oh yumm!!!
Big granny smith apples that are sweet and sour are perfect for using in your apple crisp recipe.
This recipe is one of the reasons I love going for apple picking in fall. It’s November and I still have loads of apples in my fridge.
Best thing about this recipe is that it’s very easy to make, and you probably have the ingredients handy.
You just have to toss the peeled, cored and sliced apples together with cinnamon and sugar. For the streusel topping, mix the oats, brown sugar and butter. Sprinkle this streusel topping over apple mixture, bake for close to an hour and you have this delicious dessert of tender apples topped with crunchy streusel topping!
I know this is going to be one of the desserts for my Thanksgiving dinner and potluck parties! How about you?
Follow us on Instagram and tag #recipeslover. I would love to see your recipes if you happen to make these!
Easy Apple Crisp
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats uncooked
- 4 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1/8 spoon Salt
- 3 Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored, sliced
For Apple Filling
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Prepare crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, rolled oats, flour and salt. Mix evenly until combined.
- Place the apple mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Prepare apple filling mixture: In another bowl, combine apples, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt. Toss to coat apples evenly.
- Sprinkle the prepared crumb topping on top of apples. Bake for about 45 - 50 minutes or until streusel is crispy.
- Transfer to cooling rack and let cool for about 20 -25 minutes. Serve with Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.