You will soon find yourself planning for holiday dinner parties, I am sure. If you are thinking about Thanksgiving dinner menu, this baked corn casseroles is one of the most popular side dishes that I prepare every year.
Corn has always been one of my favorite ingredients. I always find an excuse to incorporate it into my recipes. My freezer is overflowing with the frozen corn bags right now. If I can’t find anything else, I just take out these frozen corns, thaw them in the microwave, add some lime juice and salt pepper. Just loooovvveee it! Try it sometime ……
So coming back to my baked corn casserole. I love the crunchy corn taste paired with sweet, salty, rich flavor that this baked casserole acquires. Make sure to give this a try for your holiday parties. This one is sure a party pleaser.
Baked Corn Casserole
- 3/4 cups Corn Kernels washed
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Grease 5x9inch baking pan.
- Bring the milk to boil. Take half of this milk and add butter and sugar.
- To the other half, add flour. Mix well so that no lumps are formed. Pour this flour milk mix to butter, sugar and milk mix. Boil some more until thick white sauce is formed.
- Remove from stove and let it cool a little. Add salt, corn and eggs.
- Pour this batter into baking pan. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until the surface starts getting light brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite condiments.