Do you ever run out of dessert ideas? I know I do. This bread pudding was a result of my boredom with my regular desserts and too much browsing of Pinterest dessert boards. Plus I had this leftover bread loaf sitting on my kitchen counter waiting for me to bring it to good use.
I came across variety of this bread pudding number of times, that was when I decided to give this a try. And I’m so glad I did. This savory bread pudding gets its rich and just sweet flavor from cinnamon, vanilla, sugar and nutmeg.
I love this delicious, simple and easy way to utilize my leftover bread into light golden brown fluffy goodness. Crunchy on the surface and just right amount of sweet makes this bread pudding one of my favorite sweet treats.
I just love this comfort food and planning to treat it as dessert as well as breakfast. IF you haven’t tried it till now, make sure to try it at least once. You and your family is sure to fall in love with this super easy to make and delicious bread pudding!
Delicious Bread Pudding
- 3 Bread Slices
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Raisins optional
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Warm up the milk and transfer to medium sized bowl. Add butter. It will melt in the warm milk.
- In another medium bowl, combine eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix well with wooden spoon. You can add or reduce sugar as per your taste.
- Add milk and butter mixture to eggs mixture and combine well.
- Take 8x8 inch square baking pan. Break the bread into pieces. Take half of those pieces and spread on the bottom of baking pan. Sprinkle raisins or brown sugar chunks on bread pieces.
- Pour half of milk and egg mixture on bread pieces. Make sure that all bread pieces are covered.
- Take rest of the bread pieces and arrange on top of the milk and egg mixture. Take rest of the milk and egg mixture and pour on bread pieces.
- Bake for 40 -45 minutes or until the mixture changes color to light golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven. Serve warm as dessert or breakfast.
Leave a Reply