My sister made this casserole on Christmas morning. It has everything you need for breakfast right in one dish and is perfect for our St. Patrick’s Day guests.
While it doesn’t look beautiful, trust me, it is very yummy. It was quite popular with the crowd too!
Egg and Potato Casserole
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 bag hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 2 cups swiss cheese
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a frying pan until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and crumble.
- Drain pan and reserve drippings.
- In drippings, saute onions and garlic over medium heat until they become translucent, about 5 mintues.
- Add hash brown potatoes and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Potatoes do not need to be cooked through.
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and spinach. Stir to combine until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in cheese and bacon crumbles and immediately transfer to greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Refrigerate overnight.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.Pour egg mixture over potatoes.Bake for 45 minutes or until eggs are set.