The best egg salad you’ve ever tasted. When it comes to a good egg salad sandwich recipe, less is better. The less ingredients you throw in with the egg, the better. This egg salad is simple, yet it has a tangy zip to it that will tickle your taste buds.
I was practically born loving to cook. Never the less, when I started pestering my Mom to let me cook, I was a young girl and there were only certain undertakings I was allowed to do in the kitchen. One of them was making egg salad sandwiches. I started out with this simple recipe and, as far as I am concerned, it’s still the best today.
EGG SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tbls of mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp yellow prepare mustard
- 1/2 tsp of more fresh ground pepper (this is an essential ingredient for good tasting egg salad)
- Place eggs in large enough saucepan so eggs lie flat on the bottom. Fill saucepan with water to cover the eggs. Place pan over medium high heat. When water comes to a full boil, remove the pan from the heat and cover tightly with a lid. Let stand for 18 minutes. Pour hot water out of pan and fill with cold water so that the eggs cool. They will be easier to peel if they are cooled.
- Peel eggs. Roughly cut up eggs and place in bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, ground pepper and salt to taste. Stir to combine. There are many ingredients you can add to egg salad, but you will never taste anything as simple and good as this recipe.Though my egg salad sandwich recipe is basic, I like to serve it a little differently when a make it into a panini.