Do you love “everything” bagels as much as me? Every time I get a bagel (which is rarely to never in a place like DC) I gravitate towards the everything bagel. I mean it has everything right?? How can you go wrong? The only problem I find is that they leave you with some pretty serious garlic breath.
I came up with the perfect solution….Everything Cookies!
Another place where you can get everything all in one place. Chocolate chunks, butterscotch, pretzels, coconut without the garlic after taste. Yes, please!
Oh and it gets better. I have the top secret way to consistently make the best cookies you will ever eat. All your ingredients must be at room temperature (especially the eggs and butter) and then after mixing everything, you refridgerate the dough. This will result in long lasting, chewy cookies. Good thing, because I get to share these fabulous cookies with the lovely Amanda from MarocMama! Being in the Leftovers club is pretty awesome!
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c chocolate chunks (or chips)
- 1 c butterscotch chips
- 1/2 c coconut
- 1 c pretzels, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture.
- With the mixer on low, add in chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips, coconut, and pretzels.
- Place bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Place heaping teaspoon size drops of cookie dough about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Leave a Reply