Table of Contents
Feta and Kielbasa Sausage Roll Recipe
Easy and quick, but really delicious and a crowed pleaser. This roll it’s a tradition in my home and especially in Transylvania.Yum
Servings: 4 servings
- 5 eggs
- 3 cup grated cheese (I used a pizza blend)
- 4 tbsp flour
- salt, pepper
- 1 lb feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- kielbasa or other smoked sausage precooked or even hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 360 F.
- Divide yolks from egg whites. Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Mix the yolks with salt, pepper and flour and add to the whites folding it in very careful. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture in an even layer. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden.
- When the roll is baked immediately remove it on a wet kitchen towel or even on a clean parchment paper and roll it tight. Let it cool rolled.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling by mixing together the feta crumbles, butter, paprika and pepper. If needed add more salt. Mix well until you get a smooth cream.
- Unroll the cake (roll) and spread the filling all over in a uniform layer. Place the kielbasa or the hot dogs at the end closer to you and then roll together tight. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. When ready to serve cut in slices.