I have a pretty good streak going on. I have been winning book club for 3 months straight now. Yeah, I’m that awesome.
That, or I had all day to prepare my contributions to our snack pile. It wasn’t really fair.
mildly obsessed with The Chew this summer while I had some time to watch daytime TV. I don’t know about you, but I love talk shows. Throw in a talk show completely about food and I’m hooked. I happened to be watching The Chew the day of book club and after it appeared on the show, I decided that this was going to be my addition to our book club snacks.
These are super easy to make and can be made almost entirely from store bought items, all you have to do is put it together. If you don’t feel like making the cilantro sauce, you could use salsa, or just skip it all together. The guacamole is still good by itself. This would be the perfect addition to your next football party. Then you can win the party too!
Fried Guacamole Recipe
- 2 cups gaucamole (homemade or storebought)
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh off the cob or frozen)
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg
- canola oil, for frying
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 olive oil, plus more as needed
- Preheat the oil, in a large pot, to 375 degrees.
- Mix together guacamole and corn.
- Make an egg was by mixing the egg with a splash of water.
- Place a small amount of guacamole in the middle of the egg roll. Brush egg wash around the edges of the egg roll wrapper.
- Roll the egg roll up and seal edges. Repeat until you run out of wrappers or guacamole.
- Working in batches, fry the egg rolls for about 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel lined platter. Keep warm until serving.
- Prepare the cilantro lime dipping sauce by combining cilantro, limes, honey, garlic, sugar, black pepper, and olive oil in blender. Combine until smooth. Taste and season as needed.