So I put this post in the “Eat” category because it is just that easy. You barely even have to lift a finger and viola!…you have the most delish appetizer. Your guests will love you for it.
This is the perfect summer alternative to a spicy tomato based salsa. It is also super adaptable to use whatever fruit is fresh and available during the year. Just keep in mind that when you are picking your fruit you don’t want something that will brown quickly (apples, bananas, etc.).
If you want to make this treat even easier, you can use store bought chips. No one will complain. Although tasting the sweet cinnamon sugar mixture with the crispy crunch of the tortilla rounds out the dip quite nicely. But who am I to tell you what to do??
Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips Recipe
- Your favorite fruit cut into bite size pieces (I used 2 pears, 1/2 qt strawberries, and 1/2 fresh pineapple)
- 1/4 cup jam (I used blueberry ginger)
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 package of 8 in. tortillas
- cooking spray
- Mix bite size fruit and jam.
- Allow flavors to meld together for at least an hour.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Cut tortillas in wedges.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on sprayed tortillas.Bake for 10 minutes or just until the tortillas begin to brown.Serve tortilla chips with fruit salsa and enjoy!