This is another of my favorite homemade chicken noodle soup recipes. I obtained this chicken soup recipe from a friend of mine who was from Spain. Spain, now there is a place where they certainly have some stunningly wonderful cuisine.
I don’t remember what she called this soup, but I call it garlic chicken soup. The noodles are first browned before becoming part of the soup. According to my friend, this chicken noodle soup recipe is suppose to be made with a very thin noodle called fideo. I use capellini pasta which I believe is the same size noodle with an Italian name. I have even used vermicelli from time to time which is a little thicker pasta. I love this soup!
Table of Contents
More Soup Recipes
Garlic Chicken Soup
- 1 lb of thin pasta such as capellini or vermicelli
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and chopped (one head of garlic does not mean 1 clove, it means the whole garlic bulb)
- 1 1/2 tsps paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs for garnish
- You want to have the noodles in bite size pieces. the best way I have found to do this is to break the pasta in half and then take dull knife and chop the noodles in half again.
- In a 6qt stock pot, heat the olive oil over a medium high heat. Add the pasta stirring constantly until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Then, add the garlic and continue to saute for 1 minute.
- Add the paprika, cilantro, chopped chicken and chicken broth. Stir well to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Salt to taste. Serve garnished with cilantro and bread crumbs.