Coffee Cake! Yes please! Graham Streusel Coffee Cake! Yes, puhhhlleeaasee!!!
This quick and easy to make coffee cake is absolutely a treat any time of the day. This is one of our family favorite and I have been enjoying it for, I don’t even remember, years. Although, we ate it mostly for breakfast, but seriously, this is just a cake, so you can eat it any time.
Graham cracker crumbs paired with pecans, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and butter makes this coffee cake unbelievably flavorful treat perfect for potluck or a family picnic.
Layers of cake mix, then streusel, cake mix and rest of the streusel – even making this coffee cake is so much fun. I love the graham cracker crumbs that it gives it a crunchy taste.
You don’t need anything special to make this yummy cake. You will find all the ingredients in your pantry if you wish to make it tomorrow morning breakfast.
Table of Contents
Graham Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pecans chopped
- 2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 2/3 tsp Butter softened
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups Water
- 1/3 cups Vegetable Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- To make streusel: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- To make cake: In another medium bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs. Using the electric mixer, beat this mix on low speed until smooth and moistened.
- Take your baking pan and pour HALF of the cake mix batter. Sprinkle half of streusel on the cake mix batter. Spread rest of the cake mix on top of streusel. Now take rest of the streusel and spread on the cake mix batter.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool on the wire rack.
- To make glaze: Combine milk and powdered sugar and mix thoroughly. Spread evenly on the cooled coffee cake.
- Tastes great if served warm, with hot tea or coffee.