How is grapefruit vinaigrette made? simply follow the steps below for this delicious vinaigrette.
And then there was this:
Grapefruit vinaigrette with toasted poppy seeds, on an avocado, goat cheese, and toasted pecan salad. Which is really just an excuse to throw a bunch of stuff I already love in a bowl and then hoover it like a caveman in just three bites. Then I pretend I’m a photographer and take a lot of artsy-fartsy photos in the early morning light.
After that, I scarf everything I just so lovingly photographed, even though it’s kind of warm at this stage, and it’s just as freaking good as when it was chilled and just put together. Fresh ingredients, a sharp and tangy vinaigrette, and my insatiable appetite. It all just works so well!
Grapefruit and Toasted Poppy Seed Vinaigrette Recipe
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown miso paste
- 2 teaspoons toasted poppy seeds
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- to toast the poppy seeds: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the poppy seeds. Toast, tossing occasionally, until warm and fragrant- about two to three minutes
- Throw in a tightly covered container and shake the living daylights out of it, until the all contents have emulsified. Serve immediately. May need to be re-shaken before use.
Leave a Reply