If you are looking for something healthy for breakfast or anytime snack, you cannot go wrong with this eggs and avocado sandwich. This highly nutritious sandwich is not only delicious, but fast and simple to make.
What’s not to love about this sandwich? Avocado, check. Hard Boiled Eggs, check. Cilantro, Plain Greek Yogurt – check, check! I love this snack, not because it is healthy (actually I love it for that reason too!), but it is so yummy.
Greek yogurt adds to the creaminess and thickness of the spread. If you don’t like Greek Yogurt, you can add mayo for the same purpose. I also add fresh lemon juice, green onions and few leaves of spinach for flavor.
Avocado is fast becoming one of my favorite fruits of all time. Good fat in avocado helps keep cholesterol in check, and boosts heart health. They are great source of fiber, folic acid and very rich in antioxidants. Not only that, it promotes weight loss!!!
Avocado and Eggs put together make one of the most healthy meals one can have. Check out the Eggs and Avocado Sandwich Recipe.
Table of Contents
Eggs and Avocado Sandwich Recipe
Eggs and Avocado Sandwich
- 1 Avocado pitted, peeled
- 2 Eggs hardboiled, chopped
- 2 leaves Lettuce chopped
- 1 tbsp Greek Yogurt plain
- 1 tbsp Green Onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper ground
- 2 slices Bread brown
- 3 leaves Spinach small
- 2 tbsp Cilantro fresh
- Combine avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, greek yogurt and green onion, fold in the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash with a fork. Make sure not to mix it too well. You should still see small pieces of eggs and avocado.
- Spread over brown bread. Top with lettuce and spinach leaves and another slice of bread.
- Enjoy with your favorite drink. You can also make a wrap with this egg and avocado spread.